The destruction in the Sidi Amoud neighborhood of Damascus after the French bombing on October 18, 1925

Views: 3996


To the left is the Quwatli mansion, home of Ibrahim Pasha, the son of Mohammad Ali Pasha, during his rule in Syria in 1832-1840. The neighborhood of Sidi Amoud, located between the Hamidiya and Midhat Pasha Markets, was destoryed completely, and thus renamed "al-Harika" which in Arabic, means "fire."